My Pyrenees HRP Diary - Introduction

This blog was begun in 2015, to record my walk along the Pyrenees HRP from Hendaye to Banyuls. If you want to read about that, I suggest you start here.

But that is all in the past now, and I have expanded the blog a little to cover more recent events.. such as:

Snowdonia Way 2017
Hebden Bridge 2015
Equipment Reviews
North Downs Way 2017
Pennine Way 2019

I hope you will find something interesting. Please do provide a little feedback or comment, and if you are interested in something that I didn't say enough about, please let me know .. happy walking!



Jerry

Saturday 18 July 2015

HRP Day 10a - Botanical Update

Until you get high up, above say 2000m, this part of the pyrenees is quite green and lush with a wide variety of plant and insect life. It is similar to but distinct from, Alpine flora and this seems to be a good time to be here, with lots of vibrant, colourful flowers and butterflies on display.
Here are some photos. . I'd love to tell you what they all are but I haven't a clue. Do comment, if you know!

Friendly butterfly (on sock!)
not sure if this has come out well, hard to tell on a phone, I hope so as it was a particularly beautiful one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment